Friday, March 5, 2010

Shopping

I don't know why it is, but everytime I go shopping I think of mom the entire time. I can hear her and remember her so much then. I think it is because that is often when we were completely alone, and it is also when we were friends and not necessarily mom/daughter.

We laughed all of the time. When I think of my mom, I think most of her smile. I think of her saying funny things to get a rise out of me. Today I was looking for a dress for an event I have for Melaleuca. I saw one with Polka Dots. I could just hear her say, "Oh Rachelle, you would look so cute in that."

I hate polka dots. She LOVED them. Funny, I'll probably start liking and wearing them.

It's almost been a year. I keep thinking, "Last year this time everything was normal." I wish I could go back in time so bad. I wish I could have one more long talk, one more belly laugh, one more hug. One more shopping trip.

Oh to have her pick out an incredibly geeky outfit just one more time. Love you mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment